6/7/12

What’s wrong with Google? Penguin update disaster!


From a couple of days, Google search results are changed drastically. I wonder how the super power in Search engines becomes so illogical. Lots of sites are badly effected and a few are blessed with undue advantage.

When I searched a car model let’s say Toyota Etios; the first Google search page was ok but the forth page seems to be sold out to a particular websites as 10 out of 6 links were from that site. The same is the case with the keyword “Chevrolet Beat”; the third page of Google search fetched 5 links of the same site. At that time I thought it to be a browser related problem. But when I typed another keyword that was LG Optimus, it showed me the same irritating results. This page, to my surprise, has all the links to a particular website. 

Screenshot of Toyota Etios search page
ScreenShot of Toyota Etios search Page

It was totally a new experience for me. Then I recalled that Google has launched a new update called Penguin 1.1 and this might be the result of this funny update. I am calling this update as funny because it is not able to understand the user’s query. When I want to search a particular keyword, it should show me the best results that must comprise of good quality, information and something out of the box. 

Screenshot of Chevrolet Beat search page
Chevrolet Beat Page search Screenshot

The Penguin update, as I suppose, is meant to bring up quality pages. But as of now, don’t be fool yourself by Google results. The pages which belong to a particular website were below quality, less information and there was no recent update. Then what should I make of it.

Screenshot of LG Optimus search page
Screenshot of LG Optimus search page


 Few questions in my mind strikes after seeing these silly search results:

  1. Is Google celebrating April fool after one month?
  2. Is anything wrong in the data management?
  3. Google wants to earn more money by giving preference to some websites? And asking others to go for AdWords.
  4. Is it giving chance to other search engines like Yahoo! And Bing to prove themselves and overtake Google?
  5. Google is going on the same road on which Facebook is there now (read FB IPO)?
  6. Will Google search pages to be reduced to 5 or last 10 in which it will show only few pages of one or two websites only?
  7. Does Google want to kill SEO jobs all over the world?
  8. Has Google become dictator of Internet world?
  9. Does Google want to force lots of websites to shut down their shutter?
  10. Is it want to bring up Google Blogs and Google Plus?

There are lot more questions to be asked but don’t know how many question I have. So guys I ask you people what might be going on in Google’s mind. Do you know more about this mess-up. I invite you to share your views and benefit each-others.

Thanks waiting for your comments or posts on the same……

No comments:

Post a Comment